3/18/20 Coronavirus Update
3/17/20 Coronavirus Update
Due to the 15 Days to Slow the Spread Coronavirus Guidelines Redeeming Love will close our physical location to ensure our congregations safety and comply with our healthcare officials suggestions.
Here are some ways we hope to encourage spiritual community while practicing social distancing.
– Although we won’t physically meet together, Redeeming Love leaders will connect with their groups and classes to let them know about virtual or electronic ways they can connect.
– Communicate with others in your social circle at Redeeming Love by calling, texting, or video messaging to lessen the strain of isolation.
– Please let us know of ways we can care for and pray for you during this difficult time.
Consider the following ways to continue giving even though we won’t meet in person:
– Send gifts through the mail
– Give online, click here for detailed instructions
Love you all,
3/14/20 Coronavirus Update
In light of the Presidents Proclamation declaring that tomorrow Sunday, March 15 is designated A National Day of Prayer the focus of our gathering will be to “Call on the Lord” on behalf of our nation. I am convinced that we are living in a time of an unprecedented awareness of the presence of God that will rise in a greater measure than the awareness of any sickness and disease. When we can be at EASE in a time of DIS-EASE, by default we can become an influence that will lead many to know the hope that is ours in Jesus! I know that as BELIEVERS we have access to wisdom that comes from Heaven for the times that we are living in. I am confident that together we will see greater things ahead than we have ever imagined. We get to release Hope, Help and Heaven to those who are lost, broken and in fear. I am convinced that God will give you peace and confidence in the presence of the Holy Spirit for “at such a time as this”.
To be clear, we will have our weekend services at their normal times. IF you choose to attend, please honor what our Governor Tim Walz has requested and maintain social distancing. We intend to do as much of this online as possible, as well. Click here to stream our services online.
In difficult times, believers have always gathered to pray and see God move in a great way. So IF you desire to stay home during this time, please feel free to join us online in prayer during the time that you usually attend at our building. Whether we gather physically or electronically, you can ‘gather’ with us in heart and in spirit.
Pastor Mike Smith
3/13/20 Coronavirus Update
Fear is an emotion that tries to control your mind. Someone said that “F.E.A.R. is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real”. But the Bible says, “Perfect, absolute peace surrounds those whose imaginations are consumed with you; they confidently trust in you.” (Isaiah 26:3 TPT) When you think about it, all fear is formed in our imagination… and it seems contagious. However, faith and confidence are also contagious. When just one person will believe the truth that when “God is for us, nothing can stand against us”, and when that person has confidence that “with God, nothing is impossible”, and when just one person intentionally fills their imagination with knowing that He is our Father who deeply loves us and will never fail His children… that faith will spread to others and fear will fade away!
When we “fix our thoughts” on the reality of God’s presence and surrender to Him, when we continually and intentionally fill our minds with the reality of His great grace and love that “casts out all fear”, absolute, perfect peace is ours.
So, here is the announcement… We will be having all our services this weekend!
However, it is important to take these 7 general precautions;
- As you already have heard many times… Please wash your hands.
- If you are elderly with pre-existing medical conditions (especially respiratory), please consider staying at home from weekend services. Contact the church office by replying to this email so that we can keep you in touch and in prayer. If you cannot attend, go to YouTube to join the service live or see it at another time.
- If you have any symptoms of a cold, fever, or other respiratory related illness, please stay at home. Again, contact the church office by replying to this email so that we can stay in touch and in prayer. If you cannot attend, go to YouTube to join the service live or see it at another time.
- When attending, especially for our visitors to feel safe, avoid physical contact as much as possible. I know that this is difficult but even limit shaking hands and hugging. 😊 (not out of fear, but out of consideration for others).
- For the sake of our MISSIONS, We will continue to be givers. Proverbs 11:24-25 says, “Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.” When the world is in fear, they hoard. It is in those times that the believer is generous. We will continue to give to world and local missions, knowing that our God is our resource and He will provide “all your needs according to His riches in glory”! To give online click here.
- Use every opportunity to be an influence in the lives of those who are lost. Let’s lead people to the only real solution… Jesus!
- And above all… Have faith in God and Pray! The strength and essence of prayer is found in the awareness of the presence of God! He is with you!
The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.  When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.  I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”
– Psalm 91:14-16 NLT
Pastor Mike Smith